Sunday, October 16, 2011

Misty-eyed in Zell

Looking upstream from our bedroom window, copyright Eventful Woman 2011
We awoke this morning to our first frost in Zell an der Mosel.  While cosy in our "My Europe Base" apartment, we discovered it was decidedly chilly once we poked our noses outside.

TH was duly dispatched alone to purchase our daily continental rolls from the bakery, while I 'oohed' and 'aahed' out of our window at the misty Mosel River and at the sun gilding the grape vines.
Looking downstream from our bedroom window. Copyright Eventful Woman 2011

2 comments:

  1. Robyn Murray1:59 pm

    Looks fabulous and I can feel the frost in the air memories flooding back of the time I spent in Bad Godesberg not far from the Rhine and vinyards growing up the hillsides. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta very much for your comment, Robyn. I loved it in Zell, although it is good to be back home in NZ for the summer. I look forward to catching up with you soon and swapping tales of our experiences in Germany.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think of this story.